Greatario Engineered Storage Systems replaced an existing welded steel water tank for the Municipality of Marmora and Lake. The 9.4 meter x 36.6 meter (31’x117′) potable water tank will help supply water to the growing local population.
While the weather (high winds) and close proximity to a residential neighborhood added construction challenges, the project was safely completed in about 40 days. An Aquastore Glass-Fused-To-Steel tank doesn’t require repainting and is virtually maintenance free! This was a more cost-effective option to repairing and repainting their old, welded steel tank. The welded tank was then demolished for scrap.
Thanks to the Municipality of Marmora and Lake, Consulting Engineers The Greer Galloway Group Inc. and General Contractor Hadovic Construction for their help!
- Construct tank in close proximity to residential neighborhood, quickly
- Reduce long-term maintenance cost for township
- Increase water storage capacity for surrounding community
- Virtually maintenance free tank
- Will never need to be repainted
- Completed construction in about 40 build days